Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What happened to a Net Admin..

Few years ago I joined with a company as a Network Administrator and by the time I joined the company they describe my job’s main tasks as below;

1. Maintain the existing network infrastructure, evaluate, and recommend new technology to implement.
2. Maintenance and troubleshoot CISCO router, 2 ADSL connection and Windows 2000 server / workstation.
3. Introduce new technology to enhance productivity.

And there were some more IT related stuff. (You know all the rubbish you get in your Appointment Letter.: P) I work very coolly dooly for sometimes and had much spare time for myself.

New involvement after few months after joining;

1. Inspecting and estimating damage containers (ISO standard)
2. Lead the Operation of the container yard.
3. Train the staff
4. Set standard and procedures
5. Discuss /negotiate with our main Shipping line regarding IT / Operational issues
6. Follow up container repair (ISO standard)
7. Invoicing


This helped me to understand another industry (Container Depot / Shipping) which I didn’t have a clue. :)

No comments: