Tuesday, February 21, 2006

1GB Kingston MMC

I purchased 1GB Kingston MMC Mobile for my new Nokia 6230i. Before I purchased, I asked from few of my friends who are using 1GB MMCs on their Nokia 6230i. Nokia does not recommend using 1GB MMCs, but as my friends said their MMCs are working without causing havoc. But unfortunately my Kingston MMC Mobile started to give me headache. These are the problems,

· Suddenly MMCs name changed to “Memory Card” (Normally it appeared as Kingston)
· Can not open any of the folders in MMC
· Size of the MMC showed as 0.0 kb
· Phone gets very slow. (Access time is long)

I thought to format the MMC and see whether it can solve these problems. :(

2 comments:

Mahasen said...

First of all, make sure the MMC fits in correctly, (as I remember you also bought a RS-MMC, which requires a mechanical adaptor to fit in to the 6230i)
Did you named the memory card? if not name it and see whether the name still change automatically.
Do you have any files in the MMC? and when you mention folders aren't displayed did you meant through the PC suit or through the phone? if you access the phone through a Bluetooth link from PC suit, some times it's unable to read the folder tree, I think that's nothing to worry abt as if you use a USB cable it never happens.
But why the heck did you bought a Kingston? I told you Sandisk is best value for money... and their customer support is really excellent - you know it.

*Triple S* said...

No friend it perfectly fit in to the phone, and it has many folders and those are not empty. Yes its a DV-RS-MMC.You know this really bugs me. :(

I want to check it with Sandisk MMC, if it works fine I'll go for Sandisk.